Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Lesson From The Trenches

Just like you, I use drip email campaigns to prospect for new business. I had created a fairly unsophisticated campaign...sort of homey, but talking to specific concerns of my prospect. For every 500 emails I sent out, I would average 1-2 requests for more information. Not a bad return.

Then, back in December, I switched to an HTML email campaign. I figured if I got 1-2 requests from the unsophisticated campaign, this should produce 3-4. The emails looked great, but definitely more commerical. Content was the same, just packaged differently. Result: no requests for information in 30 days.

Needless to say, I have gone back to my more homey emails and my information requests are back on track.

So, keep it simple! Forget the fancy stuff and stick to a more personalized approach.

If you would like help with your prospecting campaigns, give me call,
757-271-6047 or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments: